Saturday, June 23, 2007

Alberta trip - Part 3

At the place my parents live in now, it's a large complex with a bunch of duplexes side by side. This complex has a 4 km trail around it (which I only ran once) and a few lakes here and there. When my parents lived on the ranch, my Dad had a quad that he would boot around on and my Mom wanted something too, so they bought a golf cart. Well, this golf cart was just too much fun for the grandkids.
Ashtyn and Jackson would bomb around in this,
While Sydney and I would ride my parents bikes (or the "seniors" bikes as Syd liked to call them)



Along the way you would see many different creatures.

Here's the Momma duck and her 10 ducklings.

Mr. Gopher

The horses in the neighbours field.

Watch out! If Ashtyn's driving she may scare away the ...

Jack Rabbits and ...

the Geese, but I really wouldn't mind if SOMEONE could scare away these pesky creatures ...

Mr. Mosquito!!! In the early evening they got REALLY bad. So bad that if you were driving the golf cart and you were talking, more than likely you would end up with a few in your mouth. Not so much fun. But other than those guys, there was LOTS to keep us busy at Papa and Grandma's. We also played ENDLESS amounts of Uno, Skipbo, Memory, put together puzzles and played Bubble Trouble on the computer.
Only one or two more entries ... I promise. :)

1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh it does look like you had such a good time with your family.
I love those bikes. They are the best. Maybe because they look like the bike I first learned to ride. Why is it that the first always seems the best? Hmm.

Oh the area seems just wonderful, well except for that big mosquito.