Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bloggers night out

On Monday night, Lori, Jennie, Lovella and I went to Red Robin's for a couple of hours to have some girl chat.

Here's the connection. Lori and I went to MEI together, but we hung out with totally different crowds, so we only knew each other by name back then. In 1994/95, Lori and Jennie went to UCFV together and then in 1995, they both started working at the same place that I still currently work at. Lori and I worked in the same department, so we got to be really good friends there, however, Jennie thinks I was a complete snob to her during that time. You see, when I was on my lunch break, I would sit on the couch and read my book. Now, when I'm reading a good book, I can literally be transported into the story and I don't hear anything that's going on around me. This led Jennie to believe I was a snob and didn't want to talk to anyone at work, when the fact was that I just needed a much deserved break from working so hard, so I would transport myself to another world. Anyone know what I'm Here's the connection. I went to MEI with Lori, but we hung out with totally different crowds, so we didn't really get to know each other there. In 1994/95, Lori and Jennie went to UCFVtalkin' about here? Back me up, would ya? Jennie: it's my blog and I can solicit back up if I want. :P Anyways, back to our night out.

Jennie and I knew each other through work (sort of) and also from going to the same church, but about 4 years ago we became very good friends (apparently I'm not a snob anymore... heehee) and it's been blue skies ever since. :) Lori and her hubby also take me in when I don't have a house sitting gig, so we've gotten even closer over the last 2 1/2 years and I'm very grateful for their patience and generosity towards me.

How does Lovella fit in the picture? Well, Lori would call her Aunt Lovella (by marriage) and Jennie and I have been at a few functions over the years where Lovella has been, however, we had never formally been introduced ... until ... the wonderful day when we started reading her blog (see link on my sidebar or click on her name at the beginning of this post). Her blog has been so encouraging and heartwarming and she has allowed us to take part by leaving comments and then in turn, her leaving comments on our blogs as well. It has been wonderful getting to know her through blogland, but I thought it was time to meet her in person and actually talk. So, I called this meeting, as Lori would say and it was a great night. Whenever talk about blogging would come up, Lori would smile and giggle and say, "I can't believe we're meeting about blogging." Which wasn't true, because as Jennie said, "meeting" sounds so formal and boring. We were getting together to have some fun and if blogging happened to be mentioned (how could it not?), then so be it. Actually, Lovella and Jennie taught me how to put a link in a word in your blog (see above names ... are you proud of me, ladies?) and Lovella also taught us that if you save a post as a draft, then go to post it later, you can change the date/time that it was posted. Note to fellow bloggers: You know how it shows the time you posted it as the time you saved it originally? Well, that can be changed by clicking on Post Options at the bottom of the box where you're typing. I'm probably not explaining this right or you already knew that, so I'll stop now. Anyways, it was a very fun night and I'm glad we had our "meeting." Let's do it again soon!

There should be a pic of Jennie and Lovella here too, but my camera went all wonky on me and it won't download it. I went to Costco to have my pics printed yesterday, so if it prints out right, I'll scan it and put it in here later.

5 comments:

Kori's House said...

How crazy is it that blogging can connect people like that!! Crazy but fun!

Thanks for the blogging tips :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time! I organized a blog ladies coffee last year which was a real hoot. The next time I'm down in Abby I'll have to organize another one and you and your blog friends should definitely come!

Rachel said...

Blogger get togethers are great! Imagine if we all got together...what a huge crowd that would be!
I love the tip about the draft/changing time/date thing. I did not know that! Thanks!

Nancy Skeels said...

I love hearing about how people connect... and very cool that some of you have connected through your blogs. Here's to friendships, old and new!

Lovella ♥ said...

Fiona, I know this comment is late, for some reason or other I've gotten so far behind in my blog reading. My apologies.
It was so much fun "meeting" with you girls. I appreciated how you let me be in your generation for a few hours.
You are a great group of friends.