Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Lea!!!

Today is my friend Leana's birthday. Leana lives in Argentina, so I don't get to see her NEAR as much as I'd like to. We became friends at the same time as Bren and I, so 13 years ago. They both knew my sister and brother-in-law from Bible School and were at my sister's wedding (17 years ago), but I didn't become good friends with them until about 4 years after that. We really all got to know each other on a R-20s retreat to Camp Qwanoes (you'll always be the Dancing Queen ... you're lucky my pictures are in storage .. I've got some "good" ones I could've used for you). Good times, good times.

Lea and Doug got married almost 9 years ago (I think their anniversary is coming up any day now, so I should also be saying Happy Anniversary). Soon after they got married, they moved to Argentina and we've only seen her sporadically since. :( Yes, it's sad for us, but of course it's obvious that this is where God wants them, so that makes it almost bearable. :) I really need to get down to Argentina to visit, and one day soon I will!!! Mark my words. This blog is called, Borne To Travel, remember?

Lea has been a great friend over the years, but I really think that I've gotten closer to her since she's been gone. Is that weird? We've opened up through emails and phone calls and I love hearing her encouraging words. Her walk with God is inspiring to me and I love it when she tells me she's praying for me because I know she means it with all her heart. She isn't afraid to tell it like it is with me, and I love that about her. And her laugh ... oh my goodness. I love hearing and making her laugh.

Recently, Doug and Leana have been blessed with two wonderful daughters named Salome and Yasa (sorry I don't have a picture with all 4 of you), so I also want to say Happy Mother's Day to you, Lea, as well. You will make a WONDERFUL mother and I love watching God bless you this way. I can't wait to meet these little girls and watch you all interact.

Thank you for being my friend, Leana. I am so glad that God has blessed my life with your friendship.

BTW - didn't you talk about starting a blog of your own? We would LOVE to see pictures of you all and your new house. I'm sure life has changed drastically in the last little while and you have much less free time, so I'll let it slide for awhile, but soon enough I'll be bugging you again! Love you and miss you lots!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my friend, thank you so much for that!!! What a fun suprise. It sure made my day. I am so thankful for our friendship. I remember clearly camp Qwanoes. You just remember, I am the dancing Queen! :) Thanks for sparing the pictures of that weekend. Hee hee. Man how time flies. It has been so great to keep in touch with you. It is weird I do feel like we have gotten closer even though we are apart. Life has changed drastically for me in the last few months that is for sure. It is crazy, wonderful, scary, and fascinating all at the same time. I wouldn't change it for the world. Thank you for your prayers and support and wonderful gifts. I have the coolest kids on the block. Doug got me the second season of Grey's Anatomy so I am catching up. I will work on the blog thing. I started one and then forgot my password and half the time blogger doesn´t work for me. I don't know if my computer is slow or what. But I will definitely get on that. Thank you again for remembering me. It really made my day. It is an honor to call you my friend.
Blessings, Leana

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday Leana...and Fion, I get to be her cousin! Ok, sort of...

And Happy Mother's Day too, Leana, how exciting for you. I love hearing from Bren and Fion how you are doing and from some of the comments you leave on the blogs, I really do think you should start one...I would read it!! Keep in touch!

Lovella ♥ said...

Leana, Happy belated birthday. I'm late catching up on my reading and I wanted to tell you how much I've appreciated your comments from time to time. It was wonderful to hear a bit more about you from Fiona and Jennie.
Blessings for this coming year.