Saturday, May 12, 2007

My date with Jake

Ok, so it wasn't really a date ... had you excited for a minute there, didn't I, Mom? hee hee

I went to hang out with Jake's Mom, but he's just such a cutie that I had to post these pics. And I couldn't just pick one or two, so I'm posting them all because it's my blog and I can if I want to. :P

Here we caught him reading to himself (Beauty and the Beast)



Oops! And then he caught me catching him.



Then we went on a little walk.


Why can I not get these pics to go beside each other instead of in one big long row? Anyone know?











Cheeeeeeese!!!










Thanks for the great night, Jakie!! I hope we're always buddies.

After Jake went to sleep (ssshhhh), his Mom and I snuck out to see a movie. Don't worry, his Dad and brothers were home by then, so it's not like we put him to bed and then left him home alone. But really .. he's sleeping. What could happen? Ha ha I'm just kidding, but no, I have no plans on becoming a Mom, so you can rest easy.

Anyways, we went and saw Fracture, the psychological thriller with Anthony Hopkins (always a good creepy guy) and Ryan Gosling (good Canadian boy).

It was alright. Not great, but definitely good. If you saw any of the previews, it certainly wasn't as scary as they made it look in the previews. Like I said, Anthony Hopkins can play a creepy guy very well, so that was great, and Ryan Gosling has a very calm demeanour about him which is very cool. The movie was a bit slow in parts, so that's why I'm not giving it 5 stars, but the acting by both guys was really good. If you're asking, yes, I would recommend it.

And that ... was my Friday night.

1 comment:

Nancy Skeels said...

Ok, Jake is tooooo cute! What a sweetie. How old is he now? Hey, when you figure out how to do your pictures side by side, I'd be interested in knowing too.