Saturday, May 12, 2007

Test Drivin'

Today was a fun day. First we went to this restaurant in Vancouver called Caffe Barney's on Granville St. Here's the description on the Internet:

A funky restaurant popular with the 30 something and over crowd that has an all day brunch menu including several different types of eggs benedict.

And it totally was! It was very trendy and hip and I felt a little too uncool to be there, but it was very fun to people watch. I had an omelette and Bren had the Cob Salad (btw - I'm pretty sure this is my first food picture I've blogged ... a new day for me!) Next time you're in Vancouver, check it out (but bring either cash or credit ... they don't take debit).

After that fun experience, we went test drivin'. Bren is looking to buy a new car, so after test driving a Nissan, a Mazda, a Mustang and an Infinity, the next logical step of course is to test drive a BMW. Oh, what fun! I don't know if words can describe it, so I'll just tell the story with pictures. Enjoy!


Ok, I changed my mind. I'll try to describe it. We took the car down 4th Ave towards UBC and then turned down by Jericho Beach and Spanish Banks. Beautiful day and many people out enjoying the wonderful weather. We decided to stop and take a few pictures. Oh, did I mention that it's a convertible. Niiiiiice, right? And a HARD TOP convertible. So great. When I had my Jeep, I was always worried when I'd park it somewhere that I'd come back and my soft top would be slashed or ripped or something. Not with this baby. HARD TOP convertible.

Bren's a little shy and didn't want to look at the camera.

Me ....
Not so much! Freak! It's a BMW. When's the next time I'M going to be in a BMW? Uhmmm, probably NEVER!



Goodbye, sweet BMW. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for a fun ride. I hope you go to a good home. Sniff!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Ohhhh, so fun, do you think she might test drive a Corvette next weekend so I can come??

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day! Before reading the blog I saw the food picture. My guess was that Brenda had the Omlette and you had the salad... but I was wrong!

Anonymous said...

So fun!!! Even though I have never really been to excited about cars. Just something to get me to where I want to go. But the omelette...yummm!!! I love breakfast food any time of the day. The place sounds great. Nice way to spend a Saturday. Hope Bren finds something she likes. Love Lea