Wednesday, May 30, 2007

First Hike of the Season

So, I have 2 things to blame my tardiness in posting on. 1 is Facebook ... again. It's just tooooo addicting, and 2 is that my sister (yes, the one who commented on my last post ... what's up, Jode ... thanks for the comment) brought me the first season of 24 on DVD and I've been hooked! Even at work I'm thinking to myself, "I've got to get home and see if Teri and Kim get away from the kidnappers and how Jack's going to get himself out of this mess." And then I remember, each episode is only an hour, which means that 1 season is only 24 hours, which means since the show is on season 7, they've only gone 1 week since what I'm watching now, which means I've got A LOT of watching to do. That thought was a little overwhelming, so I've taken a break now to do some blogging. If you're an avid 24 watcher, please don't spoil anything for me. :)

Anyways, last Sunday, Bren, Karen, Carmen and I went and hiked Tea Pot Hill. I'll let the pictures tell the story.



This does not look steep, but it really is!



Again, very steep!


Finally, the view from the top looking over Cultas Lake.

Can you see the Waterslides off to the right?

The athletes at the top of the "hill." It was a good hike to start out the season on. Thanks, ladies. Mt. Everest next, right? ;P

10 comments:

Jennie said...

I wanna come next time!!

Anonymous said...

either you're confused about how 24 works or I'm confused about how you think it works. each season is a 24 hour day, but the days aren't consecutive. huuuuuuuuuuuuh?

Fiona said...

ok, maybe i am confused then, because the episodes i've watched so far have each been an hour in actual time, and i know that there are 24 episodes in a season which would lead me to believe that each season is one day (which you noted above), but i did not know that the days aren't consecutive. aaaahhh, there's a twist. ok, i'll resume watching and see what happens. thanks lin.

Fiona said...

jennie: you want to come hike mt. everest next? :P

villagegirl said...

I remember hiking Teapot! Except that was a LONG time ago. Somehow I've never forgotten exactly HOW steep it is! Youch! You're amazing!
Let me know how Everest goes. :)

kc said...

Fiona-Just to clear up the '24' confusion (as it looks like someone has already):
Each season does represent one day (with each episode representing one hour of that day).
But time--even years--pass between the days represented by the seasons. So it will not be one consecutive week.

Jack Bauer rules-
Kristin

Keri's Collage... said...

I have not watched '24' but our friends own all the seasons and have said they will borrow them to us! Can't wait to watch it!
I have always wondered what Teapot Hill was like! I will have to go and check it out!

Anonymous said...

Hey you "24" junkie.
I don't know if I should bring you the next season as I will be your "pusher" than?!
I am glad to see a countdown until we see you.
We are all very excited and I think our retrun to Canada is better than any "24" episode!!!
Love you lots you hiking woman.
When you come out to Penang again we can go on some hikes where you will loose 10pds just because of how much you sweat.

Rachel said...

I too have always wanted to hike teapot hill. I should drag my kids up there sometime. Looks like there would be lots of nice shade for a summer hike.

Fiona said...

Kristin - thanks for clearing that up. That makes me feel better. So each season is a day unto itself and finishes up at the end of the season. Phewf. I was thinking it went on and on and I wouldn't get a result until I watched all seasons. :)

Keri - yes, you should go check out Teapot. It's definitely more than a "hill" but less than a huge mountain. It took us 35 minutes to get to the top.

Jode - YOU WILL BRING ME THE 2ND SEASON!!! hee hee I mean .. only if you want. :) And remember that Craig thought the same thing when I went for a hike with him in Penang and then I was barely sweating. I'm not a sweat-so-much-I-drip-it like you. :P Can't wait to see you all!!!

Rachel - yes, it's nice and shady, which is great.